Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Buggered!

Wow the scheduled 50 minute run ended up much longer as we took in the former World Trade Centre site, historic Battery Park and the financial district. We stumbled onto a summer event where the street from near the Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park is closed to vehicle traffic and opened up to (as the police officer explained to me), "people like you who run and ride". Amazing sight to see hundreds of people on rollerblades, runners, cyclists, people on scooters and walkers using a major road to get their exercise. There was even a whole foods street picnic complete with tables, chairs, beach umbrellas and fake turf!
11.7 kms later the run was done. We headed out to meet a friend for brunch at Bread, a fantastic cafe in Soho and clocked up another 14km of walking........and 3 pairs of shoes later....pics soon!
Angelica Kitchen hosted us for dinner tonight........I ate here on my last time in New York and tonight's dinner was just as fantastic.........a shared meal of 3 bean chilli, with jalapeƱo salsa, vegetable kofta balls on brown rice, with side of steamed veg........

Total number of kms covered today: 29.7!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment