Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Runner's Digest

I know this blog is about my shoes and my running but I am excited about the foods that we have found to eat......vegan, organic and fresh.
In Washington, Cafe Green had the most delicious mung bean pancakes accompanied by sweet sesame soy dressing......mmmmmmm.
We called into the Wholefood Market after dinner to buy fresh fruit. Trawling the aisles was a sensational experience-shelves packed high with everything vegan/raw/gluten free and everything in between. Today on the way to NYC we ate Brad's raw chips (red bell pepper)-made from carrots, red bell peppers, flax seeds, sprouted buckwheat groats, scallions, olive oil, garlic, Himalayan sea salt and lots of love, they are dehydrated below 46 degrees, not fried or baked and retain active enzymes and nutrients which aid digestion. Essentially we were like human vacuum cleaners and couldn't get the chips in quickly enough! Check them out at bradsrawfood.com
After checking into our NYC hotel we took to the streets and checked out the Flatiron building, Union Square, wandered into Greenwich Village and then grabbed a scrummy sandwich from Space Deli, an organic eatery and sat in leafy green Washington Square Park.....was packed with young funky people.....although there was a lady out walking her 2 cockateels.....true. We headed from there to The Highline, in the meatpacking district, an amazing win for nature in the biggest highrise jungle that is New York.......www.thehighline.org.......
Dinner tonight.......not sure yet what will be on the menu but I will keep you posted

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment