Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 28 August 2011

Repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat

That is what this morning's session was about.........hill repeats........it made me think of what the aerobics instructor from years gone by would say in step classes " repeater knee".....as one would move up on the step and lift the knee high and do something tricky-dicky with the hands and then do the same action on the other leg/knee!! Does anyone else remember that being called out in step class? 
The only 'repeater knee' action I was doing was lifting one knee up and in front of me as I climbed small inclines, long inclines and steep inclines to complete a 70 minute session. Gorgeous Melbourne morning, hands didn't thaw until about 30 minutes of running but the skies were clear and everyone around me looked happy. Made me think about how easy it is to talk yourself into OR out of something...........I didn't feel like getting up for the run and it was getting crowded in my head with all of the reasons, or shall I say excuses, being thrown around up there as to why I should just stay at home.........none of them overly convincing and knowing that it is getting closer to the marathon, missing training sessions is not an option, so I got my groove on. I recall looking at my watch during the warm up and thinking to myself, "Sheesh I still have 65 minutes to go"..........I started the internal discussion with myself about what my goals are and why I was out running rather than lounging around in bed, yada yada.......next thing I knew I had knocked off 25 minutes............then I focussed on the placement of my foot as well as changing pace as I ran the inclines.......I mixed it up, changed direction, told myself 'You can do this" and bugger me, I only had 10 minutes left!
Hope that your day has been one of fabulousness x

No comments:

Post a Comment