Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 25 August 2011

I'll huff and I'll puff........

and I am not sure that I had anything left in me to blow any house down during my hill session this morning. Doing sessions like this morning's makes me feel happy that I don't smoke! It was a sweaty run doing hill repeats.........................and I had tender calves as a result of running yesterday in the Vibrams.......apparently because I was using 'new'/different muscles............so I wore a low pair of heels (instead of higher ones) to be more comfortable strutting around at work.................aahh what we girls do in the name of fashion!
PS the story behind these fab red shoes is that when I was principal of a school in Collie, I headed downtown to pick up some cartridges for my office printer.........there was no parking outside the shop that sold the cartridges so I parked around the corner......in front of the shoe shop.........I figured this was a sign that there were shoes that wanted to live with me.............I was correct......................this pair, a pair of red slingbacks and a pair of long black leather boots with a small heel and buckles! I did get to the cartridge shop just in case you wondered!

No comments:

Post a Comment