Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 7 August 2011

Simple Pleasures

Out on my long (easy) run along the bay this morning it was just sublime to watch the world wake up. The easy pace let me take stock of what was around me and let me smell the roses :) The simple pleasures experienced today....................talking to my beloved (who is over the other side of the world) when I woke up, the glassy sheen on Port Phillip Bay, the Indian Myna birds being very busy and important, the seagulls making their presence known, the early morning runners greeting me good morning, the walkers pacing along, the pooches loving life, the smell of freshly baked panini, muffins and ciabatta at the cafe near Port Melbourne Life Saving Club, the oldies holding hands, the smear of cloud above the city that changed from grey to cream when the sun rays hit it, the cyclists travelling solo, in twos and in groups, dads pushing prams, the fishermen setting up for the morning, the creaminess of my soy cofee and to top it all off, the leaps and bounds of the pooch so happy to see me when I got home!

may you get the chance to smell the roses today.

1 comment:

  1. ever thought of writing a travel book? you almost make me want to get up and run....vh

    ReplyDelete