Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Friday 12 August 2011

Independence Day

I take it on good authority that the monuments around Washington aren't really blown up in the movies Independence Day or Mars Attacks. Mighty and magnificent the buildings stand tall against the clear blue sky. This morning's interval session allowed me to once more marvel at how BIG everything seems to be here in The States! Heading out from the hotel before day break and a balmy 22 degrees we gave a wave towards The White House, ran past the Washington Monument, down the Mall, up behind Capitol Hill and an assortment of congress buildings and then continued on the way back to the hotel.
Big badonkadonks, big voices, big flags, big serves, big strawberries, big manners (ma'am), big this big that but little squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment