Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Stopped in my tracks

Haile Gebrselassie's says his No.1 training advice for marathon runners is, "Discipline. Not only in training, but resting and eating." This quote stopped me in my tracks when I was hunting down something savoury to eat.......I wasn't hungry, wasn't thirsty, just (dare I say it?)........bored! Perhaps I was work avoiding.............whatever it was, when I read this quote, I quite literally stopped hunting down foodless food (something Mr Raw Muscular Therapy bangs about) and grabbed the shiny read pink lady apple to eat!
What stops you in your tracks?

1 comment:

  1. :-) good one. I did that today also... except it was a green apple ....


    and then I had chips for dinner *~*

    Z

    ReplyDelete