Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Saturday 6 August 2011

Figure Fixers!


This is a spread "The Best Shoe for You" in the latest NW mag that I stumbled (no pun intended) upon. When I read it I had to LOL.................the best shoes for you are the shoes you choose to wear!

Fancy suggesting that Keira Knightley's sporty calves need to be disguised. Did you see her running around in "Bend it like Beckham"? Great legs! Luckily I know where my calves finish and my ankles start, so I don't need to figure out how to hide cankles like Katie Holmes. Unfortunately I will never know the blessing of long lean legs bestowed on the likes of Whitney Port but strappy shoes absolutely suit my short strong legs. No drumstick legs like Mischa Barton's live in my house (and I would like to dispute the line that Mischa has lean calves - she has NO calves).

Don't get me wrong, the fashion advice makes sense and I have taken note of some of the rocking shoes and will google stockists - some of them are HOT, HOT, HOT but whatever I want to wear on my feet I do, regardless of my height/shape/eye colour/whether I have knobbly knees or not.............by my reckoning, all shoes look fab on my tootsies!

2 comments:

  1. Oh so true Leanne - and when you wear a fab shoe no one is looking at your legs, calves or lack of or any other part of ones body!!!! VH

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I think as well......a fabulous pair of shoes makes you feel fantastic and who cares if you have cankles/drumstick legs/sporty calves or long lean legs.......

    ReplyDelete