Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Anything Goes

Early flight out of JFK airport to LA leaving behind wet weather and welcoming sunny rays. No run this morning because of the transit and I have to say I was looking forward to slipping off my funky pink Diesel trainers that have walked many miles this trip to the Big Apple and sliding on sandals to get into the beachy feel of Santa Monica........however my toenails have taken on a carrot coloured stain from walking in drenched said trainers the other day in NY.......it looks like a case of tragic self tanning! My desire to have my tootsies free won out and I put up with my new foot look..........after a tempeh wrap at The Veggie Grill we headed down to the beach front to check out the famed Santa Monica Pier......rides, foods, sideshow stalls, swimmers, fishermen, families, mystics, sculptors.....a wander back through Third Street Promenade with every high end shop possible, I got very excited to stumble (not literally) onto the set for Private Practice.......I would have given my right arm-or in the very least my orange feet-the chance to be an extra on set.......it appears they cast the extras days ago......shame...their loss!
Frivolity aside, the homeless and mental health issues are confronting. DC and NY both have these issues but today's amble through the streets of Santa Monica seemed to magnify the issues. The USA doesnt have a welfare state like we are familiar with in Australia and the result is that they don't have the right to welfare.........other than short term........

Tomorrow's run is an intervals session out along the beach front....can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment