Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 11 August 2011

Run DnC

Good morning Obama. Good morning Lincoln. Top of the day to you Roosevelt. Howdy Jefferson. This morning's run through Washington took in The National Mall past museums and galleries, war memorials and monuments to past presidents. I showcased my squirrel whisperer skills coaxing one to within an arm's reach.
Running 11kms was hard work, after my delayed and missed flights I managed 6 hours of sleep, combined with the humidity and a warm 22 at 6am but it was a sensational way to kickstart the day. Incredible numbers of runners out and about!
Off for a shower and will head out to see what is on offer but at a much slower pace!

Have a super day

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time Leanne, Enjoy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome run tour guide :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a thing for squirrels don't you Leanne? Keep up the blogging and the jogging..vh

    ReplyDelete