Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Friday 19 August 2011

PS to Hammer Time or these feet were meant for walking

Who did I think I was kidding.......wearing sandals would = less walking and in a strange way some recovery time for my legs. Another 10kms travelled.......headed into downtown LA a strangely quiet and soul-less city to check out the spectacular Walt Disney Concert Hall, a gleaming and curved silver landmark. A little further down the road was MOCA with a small, actually very small- but still impressive- Andy Warhol exhibit.
We decided to head back to Santa Monica and hunt down some Vibram 5Finger Toe Running shoes......you will have seen them I am sure...they don't look dissimilar to the photo of my feet in Injinji socks that I posted a little while ago...apparently wearing them is like running barefoot, which has many benefits such as allowing the foot to move freely and building strength in the foot and lower legs......they are certainly not a fashion statement, rather a new aspect of my running program. They are blue and will enhance my blue eyes!
We decided to walk back along the beach front, from Venice and Muscle Beach, all of which was alive and kicking.......I thought it was an urban myth that the boys pump iron on the beach but I can confirm that it really happens......overly tanned and with bulging muscles, the boys were primping, pumping and posing for anyone who snuck a look! One guy was spruiking that he would work for a bag of weed, another rode by with a massive blue macaw on the handlebars. It was sensory oveerload.......whichever way you looked.
I have spied my next pair of runners........I was set on the pink Asics but I am drawn to the green ones........back to the shops tomorrow to buy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment