Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Wednesday 30 May 2012

I am Mac 'n' Cheese

Yesterday's run was short and quick - an easy tempo run of only 40 minutes.

I had an appointment at 11am and I had an emotional response during the appointment and sought out a dish of Asian noodles for lunch.................whislt eating the smooth flat rice noodles with tofu and vegetables I realised that they are one of my go to comfort foods.............which got me thinking about why I seek that noodles over other comfort foods......................hello Google..............................apparently comfort food may have a nostalgic or sentimental appeal (um...........................eating noodle dishes was not a favourite past time of my childhood even though we lived a few years in Malaysia...................in fact, that the years in Malaysia were riddled with axiety about sanitation and foodhandling among other things).........so maybe it is simply an easy-to-eat and easy-to-digest meal that increases positive feelings.........whatever the reason, it worked....................I found a quick quiz to find out what comfort food you are........ http://www.blogthings.com/whatcomfortfoodareyouquiz/ and it seems I am 'mac n cheese' (lactose intolerant and don't think I have ever eaten Mac n cheese but does that matter?)!  How 5 questions can be pretty much on the mark to sum me up, beats me..............but anyway this is how I am described...........When you are stressed out, you seek safety above everything else.
And nothing is more nourishing than a big warm plate of carbs.Taking risks takes a toll on you, and you prefer your comfort food to be old fashioned. You're the type of person who could eat the same meal every night, especially when life is hard
.  
What comfort food are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment