Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Friday 4 May 2012

Finding my feet

40 minute run done and dusted...............I realised that it takes me about 25 minutes before I find my running feet.....................you know that feeling..........when your breathing is settled, when you have adjusted and then readjusted everything from your clothing to your bra straps, scratched all your itches and the sweat starts to bead........................and as I ran today I thought about the following tips that I saw posted on facebook this morning. Happy Friday!

Self Help Kept Simple
1. Don’t eat what you don’t need.
2. Stop doing what doesn’t work.
3. In most instances, the solution is you.
4. Getting offended is optional. As is getting off your arse. See how that works?
5. Changing fifty things at once is a bad plan.
6. Knowing isn’t doing. Do more.
7. Joining a gym isn’t attending a gym.
8. Being smart is not the same as doing smart.
9. Intentions aren’t actions. Stop intending.
10. You won’t undo three decades of bad choices in three weeks. Be realistic.
11. Be more committed to success than comfort.
12. Control your controllables and let go of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment