Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Stress reliever!

We live in a world of increased accountability and everything seems to tout volumes of evidence/research that back up the reasons why we should be doing something or not doing something........running and exercise is no different........I subscribe to a number of online sites about health and wellbeing and spend my hard earned dollars on magazines that tell me that exercise has many benefits. The benefit of helping to keep migraines at bay is a stand out for me.........I have tried hard to dodge one today and I wrestled with 2 last week.....so I will keep on running to stay at least one step ahead of the migraines........there is also something to be said about keeping stress at a minimum and if research is to be believed, exercise (including running) assists in this.......I can see myself quietly rocking in a corner with an exploding head should I ever hang up my running shoes....appealing thought isn't it?..... This morning's run started a little later than it would normally........I was a bit achy from weights but a little quote handed out freely at yoga a few days ago kept swirling in my head "how you do anything is how you do everything".......that quote was my running friend as well as remembering to breathe through my discomfort........I will admit that I was happy to finish the 65 minute session mainly because I was so bloody present to my shoulder ache that I was ready to rip it out of it's socket! Anyway I will just add that I am taken with the scrumptious new season shoes.........I am aching to try some on......that is an ache I am happy to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment