Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Monday 21 May 2012

Face mask

Did a yoga class this morning......................the yoga teacher, whom I had never met before, was like most yoga teachers - calm, zen, light on foot, wise and at peace..............................as well as super strong and bendy.........................oh and overflowing with an abundance of yoginess statements........................the words that resonated with me today were faith, trust and love..................it was as though she knew about my crossroads......................so much so that when savasana (corpse pose) at the end of the class, I felt a tear escape each closed eye and slide down slowly to the nape of my neck.......being present to the tears rolling down made me wonder whether the ties of my 'everything is ok' mask were slipping or unravelling...........................
The wonder is that people often come to yoga for the stretch, and leave with a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment