Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 6 May 2012

Not hanging around

Yesterday....................less than 24 hours ago..........................the plan was to do the interval run session (about 90 minutes in total) before heading out for a day of rock climbing and abseiling in the You Yangs................however once the alarm rang somewhere between 4 and 5 am, we decided to ignore it and bunker down for some more sleep eventually getting up around 6.30am...................I did my best to ignore the niggle in my head (I had been wrestling with an ongoing headache for 3 days prior) but as we drove towards to You Yangs, little tears escaped my eyes (my realisation that a migraine was coming) and ran down my cheeks..............I tried really hard to wish it away and in a vain attempt to kick it to the kerb I swallowed 2 neurofen......................by this stage the mountain range was in sight and I had become a silent weeping blob in the passenger seat :( I cried my apologies to my favourite person when it became evident that the rest of my day would be spent in the dark of the bedroom taking magic migraine tablets and unable to withstand noise, movement or light.
Next time

No comments:

Post a Comment