Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 7 July 2011

This is not my race

Twelve weeks of run training incorporating strength, speed and endurance were supposed to have me primed and ready to run a good race at the recent Gold Coast Marathon but the Mother of All Migraines paid me a visit on the flight to Brisbane. And so it was that I was rendered totally useless unable to cope with noise, light or movement. I went to bed on Friday evening and only got out of bed on Monday morning (the day after the marathon was run) to catch the flight back to Melbourne. It was on Saturday that i realised that this was not my race :(
So the two hour runs @ 4am before heading to work, the interval work on icy, wet & windy mornings and the hilly runs that made my lungs feel like they were about to explode all appeared to be in vain......or was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment