Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 31 July 2011

Headjob

Hee hee....................... got your attention! This morning's long run is to build endurance in my legs so we went off to Brighton and I ran towards Port Melbourne because I figured I would rather run into the head wind for the first half of the run and have the wind behind me after I turned around. We were out running later than normal (that is, the sun was up and shining!) and the pedestrian traffic was almost gridlocked. Running into the head wind was almost like running on an incline the entire way, so in my mind I am figuring that it was almost a second hills session! Legs were tired from the run session yesterday but I am happy to say that although the wind did my head in (head job!), I ran for 90minutes and I looked forward to my soy coffee. Now for the rest of my day's plans.

What plans do you have for today?

2 comments:

  1. Certainly got my attention with this title Leanne!! I really admire your determination............way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous whoever you are :)

    ReplyDelete