Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Friday 8 July 2011

Cinderella's feet they aint!

I love my toenails. I love seeing them through peep toe shoes, in strappy sandals, coming out of stockings. I love to see them painted and manicured. I love all nailpolishes - dark colours are my favourite but I have been spotted with glitter, sparkles and decals.

As you can see, my feet and toenails look uncared for,calloused, chipped, bruised, and a nail is missing from one toe completely! Cinderella's feet they are not. My feet and nails have looked like this since before I ran my first marathon last year as a result of the training and I imagine will continue to resemble something half chewed until I hang up the runners for good.

I know that my feet are crucial to what I want to achieve..and I love them for getting me this far.....they have the power to make my running experiences comfortable or painful. I just struggle with how they look and this limits my glamour shoe choice!

I think I will slip them into my sparkly slippers for now.

 

1 comment:

  1. Never mind, the sparkly slippers suit your personality!! Good luck with the running x

    ReplyDelete