Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Back on the hamster wheel

School is back and this means only 1 thing in relation to my running..............running @ stupid o'clock each morning before I head off to work. My life is once more ruled by alarms and bells........at least for the next 10 weeks until the school holidays happen once more.
I am one of those who has crossed over to the 'dark side' of pre-sunrise runs. Whilst lots of people I know are snuggled under doonas deep in slumber, I get to see Melbourne and its surrounds in a different light (no pun intended!)...........I see possums scurrying up trees and across overhead wires, men sitting in cars reading newspapers with the interior light (WTF!), people making out in cars (oh yeah!), night owls returning home from boozy adventures, morning tv weather crosses and of course other pre-dawn runners. I really love watching the world wake up.
I would also like to thank my running partner.........I couldn't do what I do without you. You are the best!

2 comments:

  1. Chicko said "you mean TWO Running Partners!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did I overlook the 4 legged hairy running partner.....my apologies pooch x

    ReplyDelete