Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Saturday 30 July 2011

So inclined

This morning the hills were alive with my huffing and puffing up hills and down dale! I haven't run hills for about 2 months and today felt like I was pummeled...............thank goodness it was only a short session! It was my first hill session of many more to come.
Running hills is hard work because it requires that you recruit more muscles fibres to get you up the incline meaning that you fatigue the muscles more quickly...................in the end you get stronger...........which is what matters to me!

Looking forward to my flat long run in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be looking forward to a long flat white instead Leanne!!!

    ReplyDelete