Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Save my Sole

This morning's pre work run was an intervals sessions and it was a great session......a warm up, followed by 10 x 2 minute builds to marathon pace, 1 minute walk float in between, 5 minute jog, then 10 x 1minute builds to marathon pace and a warm down. Just over 10kms covered. Not being stressed  by work and having sensational unbroken slumber the last few nights all worked in my favour this morning! This is what I want to feel like every run session!

I was feeling fabulous after my run and wanted to add a bit more sass to my day by wearing a new pair of shoes (see Beatrix shoe below) but because my feet were suffering a little from running, I had to save my sole and wear an equally nice pair of shoes, albeit not new, with a lower pitch/slope which in turn is less painful for the arch and the ball of the foot.............watch this space for when I debut my Beatrix heels................................. soon :)



1 comment: