Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Saturday 23 July 2011

Monkey Feet

This morning's run was done in near perfect running conditions for me..........about 6 degrees (but according to The Age website felt like 3.6 degrees), essentially no breeze and a light fog..............I ran from Port Melbourne down past St Kilda and back in a 60 minute run. I took my new Injini socks out on their maiden voyage........Injini socks are a revolution and the new ones I wore this morning combined the 'sucker sock' (aka compression socks) with the individual toe sock.........(I also have striped ones that look like licorice allsorts, pink ones and white ones)............I heart Injinji socks :) However I cannot say that I heart my run this morning.....sure conditions were near on perfect for me but I just couldn't get my breathing and rhythm in sync :( my breathing all over the place, my legs wanted to run faster than what they needed to. I concentrated on slowing my arm movement down so as to slow my legs..............today it just didn't come together.................I focussed on my form, where my shoulders were, how my feet were landing, my push off, my stride..........but still nothing gelled. My average pace for the entire run was on target but I was so not on fire!
What I can take away from this morning is the accomplishment of actually having done the hour run, on fire or not.

Check out the socks I lurve!............http://www.injinji.com.au/index2.htm

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have being doing feet painting

    ReplyDelete