Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Monday 2 January 2012

West Coaster

After a whirlwind visit to Perth I am sitting in the Qantas club attempting to capture my last run in brisbane on the morning we flew out and my two sessions here in Perth.........flying out of brisbane early meant an early rise but with a run to complete it meant an even earlier get up -try 4.30! Although the session was short it was a sweaty run through the streets around dad's place. We arrived in Perth on the 28th Dec and went directly to an extravagant 5 year old's birthday party.........it was a hot welcome to the sunny state and secretly I enjoyed being thrown into the water after the party had finished! Heading to bed much later than my body is used to, we got up and I ran from South Beach through the city of Fremantle, found an ingenious spot to wee and cursed myself for not getting up an hour earlier to run to avoid the intense heat at 6.30am!

We had a sleep in the next morning and my second run yesterday was a hard run-sensational scenery running along the Swan River but my god it was hot and without any water along the running tracks I was as dry as............(you fill in the gap)

In the back of my mind is the fact that I am supposed to be doing a 28km cross country trail run later this month..........not feeling the love just yet :(

Has been a great trip back to Perth - full of friends and good times........heading back to Melbourne via Brisbane means getting back on the food and drink wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment