Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 8 January 2012

Back to business

This entry is in a couple of phases-pre run and post run.......or really pre-pre run, pre run and post run!

Pre-pre run: looked out the window (as my triathlete left on a 6 hour group ride) at the weather-wind and rain.......my two most favourite weather conditions to run in....not......welcome back to Melbourne! So I lingered under the doona a little longer and checked out a post made on Facebook by a friend who works for lululemon about female athletes.........ok now I am motivated and ready to take on the wind and rain.

Pre run: out of bed and getting organised and I caught sight of my body in a mirror - I had to have another look.....the relationship I have with my body is not the best and I beat up on it often, regularly discounting the amazing things it can do........was that really my body looking back at me? If so, I was a little impressed.......and even more so when I jumped on the scales and realized that even with some indulging over the break and a few missed run sessions, I am still a couple of kilos lighter than before! You go Leanne!.........motivation goes up a notch.........

Post run: once I had started and said some mantras to myself I finished the short run session feeling like my day had got off to a good start!

May your day be chockful of goodness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment