Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Wednesday 11 January 2012

A pair of shoes can change your life. Just ask Cinderella

This week I have been spring cleaning cupboards and clothes and today I got to my shoes...................it is unfathomable to think about ditching shoes but I needed to put away the shoes that I had bought on our trip interstate where I set myself the challenge of a new pair from every state (btw I easily achieved this challenge but the only state I didn't get shoes from was my state of excitement!).

Opening each shoe box was like opening Christmas presents all over again...........some shoes I had forgotten about (easily done) and I felt excited about my re-discovery.................and others, well that is when I realised that some needed to go...............that their usefulness had expired...................the number of shoes to go.........................(guess)...........................4 (now 3). Trust me it was a difficult decision and just before writing this entry, I put one pair back on the shelf to live another day :) So...................................... I am doing away with a lovely flat pair of casual black mules, open-toed mules with a kitten heel and an embellished strap across the foot (noice!) and a dearly loved (and well worn) deep red Mary-Janes :(....................I have already spied a replacement pair of M-Js :)

No comments:

Post a Comment