Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Friday 6 January 2012

My body really isn't interested in running today

Truer words have not been uttered before! Perhaps the very fact we kept hitting the snooze button every 10 mins for an hour and a half was signal enough that neither of us was particularly keen to get moving but needless to say we got up and ran by the water in Ballina. Session had some speed work in it.......I was more into the session about halfway through the hour-was that because I knew it was almost over or was it because I was warmed up and in a rhythm? Double thickness dog coat doesn't suit the climes of northern NSW so the pooch was drenched under showers and in the water at regular intervals.

Headed into Byron for breakfast and a day on the beach and whilst we were waiting for breakfast to be delivered, I felt a pull to the shoe shops.......what a disappointment! Not a single pair shuffled on the shelves urging me to take them home :( I crossed the street into another shoe shop...........oh my! I really thought I would be leaving empty handed.......however one shop closer to the breakfast cafe, a rack of gorgeous dresses teased me to enter..........into a fabby eclectic Aladdin's cave and there on the back wall was a pair of tangerine laser cut wedges that winked at me..........I slipped them on and was sold! A red canvas bag and a woven leather bracelet and I was ready to eat!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh tangerine....they sound divine Xx

    ReplyDelete