Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 12 January 2012

Collapsed Canine

Happy that this morning's session was fast and short........a warm up, 3 x 3 minute intervals @ race pace with 3 min float jogs to break it up and then a 10 minute cool down.................took the pooch with me and all was fine and dandy until I started the final interval.....Chicko was lagging behind me (on the lead) and I told her to move it along...........I looked over my shoulder to see the little pooch's back legs under her belly with me essentially dragging her along. I stopped running and scooped her up off the path. when I put her back down her back legs were unable to support her....................doing my best to stay calm I scooped her back up again (yay for small pooches) and started walking back towards the car only pausing to put her on the grass once to see how she managed. She walked in an arc and then stumbled.........................scooped up again my mind raced as we got closer to the car - was there a 24 hour vet hospital, if so where? I placed her into the car and headed for home..................when I opened the car door she bounded out and waited for me to reach the front door, that, once opened she raced inside and stood expectantly waiting for her post run treat! Was she for real?!! It would appear so!

Vet verdict: she most likely suffered a cramp!
And the Oscar goes to Chicko!

No comments:

Post a Comment