Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Monday 9 January 2012

What a dick!

Ok I had said I was going to do the Two Bays trail run (28km) this January (http://www.twobaystrailrun.com/). I had it in my head that it was late in the month and when I was looking over this week's training schedule I saw that Coach Tippett had written it in the slot for Sunday........................the trail run this Sunday.......surely not.........surely yes it would appear so........I checked the website for the run and realised that I had been looking at the back up date instead of the actual date! Eeekkkk!

My brain went into overdrive - I hadn't bought my camel back water pack yet let alone train with one (I personally was not looking forward to running with one as I detest the sound of sloshing water when I run!). Each runner takes their own water as the drink stations are about 10km apart. Then I read the participant's requirement list: a compression bandage in case of snake bite (OMG I hadn't considered that possibility.......I know the trail run is in the bush and snakes live in the bush but they really hadn't come into the picture for me!). Another requirement is a mobile phone with good coverage as well as a map in case you become lost.......mmmm my orienteering skills aren't honed...................a severe case of doubt washed over me about my readiness and I sent an email to Coach Tippett concerned about injury, snake bite and getting lost!

Spoke with the Coach today and he allayed my concerns about getting lost and about the kiss of death from a snake.......he did say that I would be quite sore for about a week because of the rocky course.......righto I decided that I was ready to take this on........
I went to register for the event only to find out that the event is sold out and there are already 100 runners on the waiting list! I am a dick!
So I will make contact with the Coach and get in early with my registration for the run in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment