Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 13 October 2011

Tiptoe through the tulips

Day 4 (after the marathon) and I was able to walk without looking like my legs were in splints! Getting up and down from chairs and seats proved the most painful and difficult and I was thankful that no students needed any restraining or for me to sprint to break up a fight.................until Tuesday! And today I was able to wear a pair of my new shoes that I had hoped to wear on Monday...........better late than never I guess. My daily challenge has been to find shoes that don't touch my toenails.
Tiredness hit yesterday and I wore some cranky pants to school! Slumber didn't come readily on Sunday or Monday nights..............my legs felt like they were still running.
I am being gentle with myself and tiptoeing through the week. Aiming to put my runners on over the weekend and try a gentle run.

No comments:

Post a Comment