Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 30 October 2011

Rise & Run

My sense is that the pooch used my iphone this morning to check the weather before I finished getting ready for my interval session because there was NO WAY she was even remotely interested in joining me for my 83 minute run at The Tan. I think she even tried to velcro herself to the blanket to make it almost impossible for me to wrench her off it! I stepped outside and steeled myself against the rain, wind and cold :( It would appear that the pooch high fived herself at her stay-indoors decision when she saw me walk through the door upon my return!

Mission completed and now happily sitting in the warmth and dry of home after being drenched and wind blown but "When it's pouring rain and you're bowling along through the wet, there's satisfaction in knowing you're out there and the others aren't."
-Peter Snell

PS forgot to mention that I bought a new pair of wedges yesterday.................cheap and cheerful and guaranteed to bring some sunshine to my week at work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment