Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 27 October 2011

Time to Reboot

Morning :) I started back at training this week and oh my, what a shock to the body after 2 weeks of rest/recovery after the Melbourne Marathon.
The other afternoon after work, I laced up my runners and headed to Doggy Daycare to collect our 4-legged friend......legs felt heavy and running into the headwind almost felt like I was not moving at all. Tried really hard to not feel discouraged :(
This morning, the pooch and I headed over to Port Melbourne to join everyone else up and about...........my 40 minutes flat run took us from near where the Spirit of Tasmania docks down to St Kilda beach and back again. I added in a bit of beach running (not sure why I added in extra resistance!) and welcomed the 10 secs breaks every now and again to leash/unleash the pooch when normally doing that frustrates me because I am focussed on my purpose............I am trying to work out whether I still have some fatigue from the marathon OR if I have lost lots of fitness OR whether I was running on empty...........all I know is that whilst it felt good to be out pounding the pavement again, it certainly wasn't a walk in the park! OR perhaps I am just exhausted after a hectic week at work - case in point - I looked at my watch a number of times (keeps pace/time/distance) and thought to myself how consistent I was with my pace.........5 or so minutes later, I was still holding the same pace, albeit slower than my usual speed..........it was only when I glanced at it after I had stopped to leash to pooch (and was still maintaining a consistent pace) and realised that the reason I was so consistent was because I had stopped the watch and forgotten to restart it! Oh well :)

Here's to a super Thursday at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment