Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Monday 3 October 2011

Sleep talking

It would appear that running the marathon is on my mind................possibly more than I realised..........I was told that I talked about it 'being race day' in my sleep last night!
Today was a rest day which my hip was thankful for..............what's wrong with my hip I hear you ask? Who knows............gave me discomfort after the 16km hill session yesterday.
When a race/run day is looming, I get rather anxious. I have been known to be standing at the start line, with tears falling down my face prior to the gun signalling 'RUN"! Once I get moving, the tears stop and I get on with the task at hand, find my pace and run!
"Can I handle my goal pace? Will I make the time I am aiming for? Will any old injuries flare up?"
Apparently pre race nerves are totally normal and I can channel them to work for me.............mmmm..........seems visualing positive race scenarios in my warm up will work wonders as will reminding myself of the solid training runs that I have completed.................and telling myself that 'I'm trained, rested and ready to do my best". Coach Tippett just called and reminded me that clapping my hands everytime I have a negative thought will 'snap' me out of it. Mmmmmm
Aside from my 3 final runs this week, I will attempt to talk positively to myself - that in itself will be a mental marathon!
PS made two shoe purchases today and am not sure how it happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment