Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 2 October 2011

Ready, Set, Almost GO!

This morning was my last (undulating) hills session before the marathon next Sunday. 16kms of up hills and down dales.............so I made the most of a very quiet Melbourne morning (people were either nursing hangovers from the footy final or they forgot to change their clocks for DLS) and ran up and down the inclines in and around the CBD. Starting at The Tan, I headed up Anderson Hill and over near the Remembrance Shrine, around some blocks, over some footbridges, past Flinders St Station, up Swanston, in and out and around eventually getting to Treasury Gardens. Up inclines, down declines and over towards the MCG I was ashamed of how much rubbish from the finals was still on the ground.............shame, shame, shame. Down Punt Rd, over some more footbridges and back up Anderson Hill for a final lap of the Tan. Melbourne has a flat landscape so finding undulating hills takes some deviations and meandering.
Feeling pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment