Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Saturday 1 October 2011

No achy breaky heart

Dark clouds loomed menacingly above as I opened the gates to head over to The Tan...............were the heavens going to open and dump on me?..............I mean it's not as though getting wet would dissolve me like an aspro.....was I looking for a reason not to run? Possibly. Was it important that I do the session? Absolutely! With the marathon 8 sleeps away this morning's session was just as important as any of the other run sessions over the previous 12 weeks.
I have mentioned before that I love watching the world wake up and this morning had the added feature of die-hard footy fans moving about in the city early all heading in the direction of the MCG. My run took me around the Tan and through Southbank, across the Yarra, along past Flinders Street station and over near the 'G'. I had intervals as well as run- throughs and a happy little pooch running alongside me for just over an hour. I got a 'Hello Miss Leanne" from one of my lovers (of my rocky road!) and a double BONUS of no rain (and no subsequent dissolving) and no niggles /discomfort in my foot, calves or pelvis!
I say "GO LEANNE!" (and give a shout out to Trish who started her ultramarathon from Echuca this morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment