Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Last Hurrah

The last long run session before the marathon was this morning..........all 1hr and 50 minutes of it. Calm Melbourne morning meant that the session could happen along the bay............albeit @ 4.30am! Felt a few niggles during the run that I hope will be ironed out on Thursday when I have a visit to Melbourne Muscular Therapies (http://www.musculartherapy.com.au/) to see Matt.
Sheesh it seems like only last week that I was starting the training for this marathon after a mother-of-all-migraines wiped me from the starting line at the Gold Coast.
Weather forecast for Sunday looks sweet.....sun (good) and light winds (even better).

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had Melbourne Muscular Therapies here in Perth ... I have just looked at their website and it describes my knee issues perfectly!!! I have a lazy muscle (hahaha better than me being lazy I guess).

    Good luck on Sunday, I am sure that you will smash it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly they have really worked wonders for me.....i was seeing a physio several times a week for months and months and Muscular Therapies were able to fix me in a number of sessions! I have a few friends in Perth who I have said need to come to Melbourne for a couple of weeks and be treated at the same time! Thanks for your good wishes............the countdown is well and truly on!
    Your life is as busy as usual if your FB statuses are anything to go by! Enjoy your school hols :)

    ReplyDelete