Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Over the Top

90 minute hills session.............the very words evoke dread but I know I must do them to become a better/faster runner (trust me, elite marathon runners have nothing to fear from me!). I have missed a couple of hill sessions over the last fortnight...........trust me I have beaten myself up about not doing them. I feel like I have accomplished something BIG after each hill session and I am finding out that running hills has less to do with the lunge-sucking inhalations and more about the stumbling blocks that I place in my head. I find myself being strategic about how I will tackle the hill......but all the strategising takes my focus away......what I have realised is that if you give the slightest to the hill - be it stopping or giving up means the hill has won................the only way to get over the top of the hill is to run it and run it with form, grace and positve thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment