Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Saturday 17 September 2011

Everyone's doin' it

Thank you Melbourne for a sensational spring morning.

I had a 2hr interval session scheduled and with very little wind around I headed over to Port Melbourne for a change of scenery......and it seemed that every man, woman and dog had exactly the same idea. The pooch joined me for the session and she loved being let of the leash and set free on the beach to do her broggy runs and cut sick! When she was back on the leash she took great interest in cyclists riding solo or in pairs and ran in front of me in sweeping motions from left to right and left again, not dissimilar to the action of someone using a metal detector. Down near Elwood she convinced me that she wanted to run on the sand and feel the grains between her foot pads, so I foolishly unleashed her and the cheeky pooch took off after a cyclist. I sprinted after her calling her name sounding like a fish monger's wife.................did she listen?..........she gave up the chase just as I neared her and then thinking this was a game, ran off in the other direction, kicking her legs up like a spring lamb. Needless to say I caught up with her, clicked her back on and didn't fall for her doggy charms to frollick freely until we reached the car to head home.

Cheeky? Yes but happy to have her along for the run this morning. Did just shy of 18kms.
Have a super dooper day x

No comments:

Post a Comment