Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 2 February 2012

SHOCK! HORROR!

Imagine my surprise yesterday afternoon (after being in heels and on my feet all day presenting to staff) of having aching legs and sore feet......................this is not something I have necessarily experienced before and I can only put it down to the fact that my holidays have been super relaxed, wearing flat shoes pretty much all the time and the simple act of being in heels and doing what I normally do sent shock waves (and subsequent aches) to my legs and feet! So just as in my running program I do specific run sets to build endurance, it appears that I will need to adopt a similar approach to be in heels on a daily basis........................of the SHOCK of it all :)

That aside the couple of run sessions that I have done since my last entry have been long and constant and it is the HORROR of getting up around 4am to get the runs done before work that has me mourning the end of holidays when I wasn't so much of a slave to the alarm clock :(

No comments:

Post a Comment