Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 23 February 2012

Success

This morning's 1hr 45minute interval session was a success......................as far as toe pain is concerned. Today I did not need to stop to take my foot out of my runner and massage it before continuing my run..........this is fantastic progress.However in terms of my thinking and head space, I am not convinced that I can do this (even though I have run 2 marathons already), I am exhausted and down on myself............................my triathlete gently reminded me that thinking this way about myself is usually my default position......................so whislt my body has been training for this marathon for about 8 weeks my thinking really needs to be spoken to!

PS today I was at a leadership summit and one of my colleagues came up and asked me why I had such sensible shoes on............I love that people notice my shoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment