Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Saturday 18 February 2012

Toe Squared

I found a pair of shoes in my collection that I was able to get my foot into yesterday........I was able to walk without so much as a limp as there was no pressure on my little toe..........the saviour was a pair of square toe loafers with a small heel. However putting my foot into runners this morning was not easy, even with encasing all toes in lube......my two hour run was interrupted with frequent stops to undo my shoes, massage my toes and slip them back in again. At one point the pain was so excruciating that I had some tears but figured I needed to get back to the car somehow and running was quicker than walking. I thought about whether I need to go shopping today to find another pair of square-toed shoes because I know that somewhere there is a law that states wearing the same pair of shoes several times in a week is likely to cause widespread devastation in the natural world........and I wouldn't want to be knowingly responsible for that. Tomorrow's run session may need to take on the form of deep water running.....

No comments:

Post a Comment