Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 5 February 2012

Hamstrung

Did an early 2 hour run along the bay yesterday and at about the 1.5hour mark I commented to my triathlete that it was amazing that it all just felt so easy and certainly not like we had been running for 90 minutes.......................spoke too soon.............................I am guessing that in the very next minute an ongoing ache in my groin region decided to speak up and remind me that it was very much still there................. I haven't mentioned this ongoing groin-age issue - I mean, some things are just between you and..........................well............................you! Anyways the next 30 minutes felt very much like 60 minutes and reaching the car felt like I had crossed the finish line........................moving in and out of the car wasn't that easy and following up the run with an hour in the gym meant that some exercises were excluded so eliminate any further strain.................................had an appointment with He Who Works Magic @ Melbourne Muscular Therapy.....................my maxi dress was hitched up to my waist, I was laying prone on the therapy bed and He Who Works Magic was using his elbows to release the knot in my hamstring (which led to referred ache in my groin!)

Today's jaunt was described in my program as " 60mins tempo run Note: try and relax today and just enjoy the set please"........................mmmmmmm..........................with my hamstring feeling every treatment poke and kneeding, on top of feeling tired and throw in the 26 degree starting temp and I can assure you that enjoyment was not how I was thinking about the run.....................thought about giving in about 20 minutes into the set but figured 2 more lots of 20 minutes and I would be done. I finihsed it, not well but I finished it and look forward to knowing that tomorrow's run is only 40 minutes! Happy to report that the groin-age ache appears to have been sent packing! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment