Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Charging elephant using a snorkel whilst fending off a rat attack

It became apparent to me this morning when we were out on the run session was just how noisy I am! Running under the cover of pre-dawn starting off at The Tan (which is a soft surface of gravel/aggregate) each step is crunchy as your foot touches the gravel.........crunch, crunch, crunch..........however a strapping young man was running towards us and you couldn't even hear his strides..........he just glided by.......................meanwhile listening to my breathing was like listening to an elephant breathe through a snorkel......ok maybe a slight exaggeration but you get the idea...............there was no hope of me sneaking up and surprising anyone!
We had almost finished the first lap of The Tan when a horse sized animal charged towards us........as we got closer we realised that it wasn't a horse but a RAT! It's glassy beady eyes stared us down and it picked up its pace altering its direction ever so slightly to ensure that it was in line to run up my leg................I suddenly became an elite hurdler and brought my knees higher than my head and took a sideways leap pushing my triathlete out of danger's way in a single leap! Ok................................maybe the rat wasn't as large as a horse but it definitely ran at us...................true!

No comments:

Post a Comment