Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 19 February 2012

Size really does matter

It appears that the root of my little toe issues has been my shoes....................running shoes to be exact! The shoe mode,l that has been fit for my foot, has been superseded and so I upgraded to the new version a couple of weeks ago (check out the sales line.............The 18th version of ASICS’ flagship Structured Cushioning model continues to offer top of the line technology while maintaining the classic ride and comfort that has made the series an icon)..........after the painful run yesterday, I spoke with the Coach and he theorised that the issue sounded like my toes were under pressure............................my triathlete took some measurements of my new runners and compared them to my worn out superseded runners.................the new runners have a difference of 4mm less area across the top of the shoe and owuld be squishing my toes...................this morning's run was a bit of an experiment............................I wore my old model runners and VOILA..........................I ran relatively pain free..................now the mission is to find some of the 'run out' model shoes in time for me to break them in for the marathon..................5 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment