Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 17 November 2011

What's my problem?

Getting up for a run this week has been extremely hard..................not making excuses (or am I?) but the context of this week may explain some of the lack of motivation.................Monday and Tuesday this week I was at a strategic planning forum aimed to inform the next 3 years of work for the region I work in..............that equalled long day/night on Monday night and a taxing day on Tuesday (aka brain fry) followed by a School Council meeting and then yesterday was like Grand Central Station at work - my diary was booked out with appointments and then some..................with the BIG piece being a lunch interview/school walk-n-talk as part of the Ultranet Review................that was followed by a parent meeting. Throw in the reading of applications for a position that is advertised at work and the regular things that each of us do on a daily basis and I am buggered..................or is it a case of PMS - Post Marathon Motivation? I have no idea what the definite cause of my malaise is but it really messed with my head this morning. Couldn't haved asked for a better morning to be along the bay but today I truly felt like I was on a treadmill unable to go any faster and getting nowhere.............
Suggestions? Remedies?

No comments:

Post a Comment