Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 13 November 2011

Full Moon Rising and Heavy Breathing

I am writing this blog sitting in my car to get out of the chill in the air at Shepparton. I have been up since 4.20 this morning – all part and parcel of being a supporter at the half Ironman Triathlon. Am more than happy to be doing my bit.

Life…………….…actually that should read WORK has been ridiculously hectic………………resulting in me wondering if I actually have a life. Which leads me to why I am sitting in my car early Sunday morning typing up about my run sessions on Friday and Saturday……..I haven’t had the time or space to grab a few minutes to natter on about my running (let alone anything else)………………..let’s cut to the chase shall we?

Full Moon Rising…………………the full moon, glowing and hanging heavily near the horizon, gave muted light for the bay run sessionon Friday. I only noticed it on my return leg of the run. My initial thoughts were how eerie the morning light was and how the moon looked like a massive beach ball suspended just above the water………………..this peaceful thought was immediately overtaken by my realisation that this magnificent moon and all its fullness was probably a major factor in how manic and crazy my work week has been – to those that believe in the waning and waxing/ebbing of the tides, the lunar cycle and the impact on the body’s bio-rhythms, well my friends, I have lived that impact at school this past week. Some of the kids were not far off howling at the moon!

P.S. I feel the need to say that the shoes on one of the beauties from Beauty and the Geek (on Thursday night) did not suit the purpose or the occasion.
 
Heavy Breathing…………………..now trust me when I say I would prefer heavy petting but a 60 minute hills session on Saturday morning seems to lend itself to heavy breathing only! There is not much more to say…………………start run, climb hill, heavy breathing, heavy breathing, huff, huff, huff, downhill, puff, oh joy another hill, heavy breathing, lungs tight, want to stop to catch my breath, puff, puff, another incline, huff, puff and so it went for 60 minutes. I jumped into the car for the drive home with a thought that I would get lucky………………………..I had a vision of me buying a pair of shoes (or possibly a handbag) in Shepparton later on Saturday.
(PS no shoes were purchased but this sign was up in the only shoe shop I found in town)

No comments:

Post a Comment