Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 27 November 2011

Back on the horse

I disappeared into a dark space for a few days dragged down by the unrelentless work tug-of-war but was reminded a number of people that it is only a job! But seriously.........................................work issues should not consume every waking minute and take you away from what really is important......................anyways in times like the ones I have had recently, I tend to 'beat myself up' because I am not running with a positive outlook and I find fault in everything that I do............trust me, being in my head when I am not being positive is not the funnest place to be!!!..............I am happy to share that "I am back on the horse" once more - had some time out, spent some time talking through the issues, made a plan to move forward and most importantly was out running yesterday with thoughts that did not pertain to work! YAY!
So yesterday's session was almost an hour and a half of interval running along the bay in conditions that I would normally moan about (windy and rainy) but I was just happy to be out and about doing my thing.

PS I wore a new pair of heels on Friday that I had purchased earlier in the week in an attempt to elevate my mood (the purchase worked!) and at our school's community market that evening, I cannot deny that I loved hearing several mums tell me that their daughters tell them all about my shoes........

No comments:

Post a Comment