Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Friday 16 December 2011

TGIF

I am not only thankful that it is Friday for the very fact that Friday is followed by 2 days not at work but it is also the last Friday I will have to get up to go to work for a number of weeks......YAY for school holidays!
I was sent a message yesterday asking me about how I stay motivated to get up and run...........................I replied that the best motivator is having a running partner....................so when the alarm went off @ 4 this morning I had to dig deep to find the motivation to just get up because slumber was feeling pretty good! I did get up and out the door but about 15 minutes into the session my partner in crime wasn't feeling up for the run and headed back to the car...................the good cop/bad cop sitting on each of my shoulders tried hard to put their case across "ok you can do this" "just do half the session" "let's get moving. It will be over before you know it" "you're tired-head back to the car too"...............I had to dig deeper to find the motivation to push the negative thoughts out of my head................................motivated to feel good after the session I kept on with the interval session and before I knew it I had completed the session and 15.46km :)
Have a fabulous Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment