Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Looking back

Coach Tippett thinks that my current program is some of his best work yet....................let me be the judge of that...................
Yesterday's run session in crisp pre-dawn conditions (4.30am) consisted of a warm up, 8 x 1km efforts and a cool down. I followed the run session with a challenging yoga class.................the stretch after the run is like the cherry on top of the ice-cream :)
It is almost 1 year since I started this blog.......................the sole purpose was to document my progress, thoughts and achievements after the ill fated trip to the Gold Coast to run a marathon.   

What I have realised is that shoes (old, new or otherwise) have not featured anywhere enough! It is also insightful to read back over my entries and get glimpses of how I was seeing the world. But more than that, running has shown me that when things get tough, somehow, from somewhere deep inside me, I find a source of strength and determination to push through the pain and keep moving........................my training this past year is evidence of my tenacity, my resilience and my passion................................having this blog is a nice reminder :)


No comments:

Post a Comment