Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Monday 25 June 2012

Bitumen is boring!

Tried out my first ever trail run yeserday morning in the Salomon Trail Running Series (http://www.salomontrailseries.com.au/) .....................it was fun.....................one of the best things was how short the distance was - 5km....................to have the run started and finished in under 30 minutes is a dream! Yesterday's race was held at Kew (Studley Park)...........it was scenic, muddy, fresh and crisp, the air was filled with chattering birds (probably laughing at us all),  running through fern-fringed surrounds, jumping over slippery muddy puddles, weaving through towering stands of gums and sweeping along flowing trails beside rivers and creeks. And for someone who was just out to give it a go and was enjoying the scenery along the way I managed to come 6th in my category.

Looking forward to getting dirty again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment